Tuesday, March 31, 2009

The Big Cut!

Ok, so I know it's been nearly FOREVER since I last posted anything. I (1) lost the cord to my camera and haven't been able to upload any pictures and (2) have been super busy- I know... who of us aren't? BUT, I have since found the cord to my camera and realized that I am never going to have this magical notion of free time I so often dream about. So it's time to post!!

I have been wanting for some time now to participate in Pantene's Beautiful Lengths program and donate my hair to someone who really needs it. I found myself complaining one day that my hair was TOO long and TOO thick, and how it took too long to blowdry and style. Then I stopped for a minute and realized how selfish I was being- how many people, especially cancer patients who would love to have that problem- too much hair! I was humbled and decided that instead of getting a trim that I would grow it out just a little bit longer so I could have enough to donate.

A few weeks ago I took the plunge and got about 10 inches cut! I have always had long hair, so this is the shortest it's been since I was maybe 2 or 3 years old. Here are the pictures to prove it!

BEFORE:







AFTER:

1 comment:

BBC said...

i love the new look! way to go! it's always a little unnerving to cut it all off!