Friday, May 23, 2008

Pain at the pump


I drive a car. A regular car. Not an SUV. Not a truck. Not even a Winnebago. Ok, so it's a nice car, but nevertheless, still a CAR . A 4-door, 4-wheeled, has-a-front-seat-and-back-seat-car. I love my car. It's pretty, extremely comfortable, and has nearly every modern convenience I could want built right in. I am ALWAYS in my car. I drive all over for work. It is my office most days, which was a motivating factor in purchasing a "luxury" car. One of the downfalls of a "luxury" car, however, is the "luxury" gas it takes. Only premium. No regular 87-octane for this baby. Overall, it's not a huge deal. 20-25 cents more per gallon than regular only turns out to be a few dollars each time I fill up. But with gas prices on the rise, I pretty much don't even look at the price when I am filling up anymore. Except this time. Recently it has cost anywhere between $45 and $50 to fill up my tank. This picture was from a few days ago... And, gas prices have risen since then.



Luckily, Tim's car costs just a little less to fill up. But, it, too, only takes premium gas.


I think I'll go back to not looking anymore...

4 comments:

BBC said...

ha ha! you need to join the toyota prius clan! trade your lexus in! :)

Bethanne said...

Oh, I know!!! I am ready to buy a bike with one of those attachable car things on the back (for both the kids to ride in). Stinky gas prices. And I HAVE an SUV...

Perry Family said...

Yeah...my car takes around $100 to fill up right now...its really sickening!! So I feel your pain!

Katrina said...

I know, RIDICULOUS. 70 bucks to fill up our van lately. At least we eliminated Kenji's commute to Oakland. That would really sting with gas prices lately! :)