Thursday, October 30, 2008

A Wonderful Birthday


Tim & I both took the day off of work to celebrate my birthday. Every year I seem to have pure chaos at work and end up having to stay super late on my birthday. Murphy's law, I suppose. So, we took the day off and relaxed! It was so nice to sleep in and enjoy the day. We didn't do a single bit of cleaning or other housework, even though it did need to get done. That alone is reason to celebrate!


Tim made me a yummy breakfast and we played some WiiFit for a while. While I don't have a picture to prove it, my WiiFit age is 25. Woo-hoo! Compared to Tim's 44, I felt pretty good. I mean, if it would have told me I was in my 50's, well... I guess that may not have been the best way to start out my birthday.


We hung out, went to lunch, and caught a good double-header of basketball games on TV. Tim gave me an iPod nano- yay! With as much time as I spend in the car for work, I have been wanting one for a while! I got Tim an iPod a few years ago. He uses it all the time, so I never wanted to borrow it to use in the car while he would use it during the day. It was a gift to him afterall. But, now I have one of my own- it's all loaded up and ready for the meetings I have to drive to tomorrow :) Thanks Tim- I love it!
We had a fantastic dinner at BJ's, one of our favorite spots, and finished the day with a delicious chocolate dream pie! Mmmmm!!!
While most dread turning another year older, each year keeps getting better and better for me! I'm looking forward to another great year!

5 comments:

BBC said...

wow! that does sound like a super fun birthday! i'm so glad you were able to sleep in, go out to eat and just relax and enjoy your birthday!!! Also, I can't believe you just got an iPod! That's really funny! Congrats! I'm sure you'll love it!

Bethanne said...

YEA! Happy Birthday you old timer! :) Just kidding...We think you are fabulous and glad you had a great day! :)

Perry Family said...

Happy Birthday!!! Sounds like a terrific day...from start to finish. How wonderful to take the day off and just play!!! And even more wonderful for an ipod...those are fun toys and really make any drive more interesting!! I think its great that a bunch of you are going to see Twilight...that will be a great girls night out!

jenn said...

hey, you don't know me, but i just commented on bethanne's blog (we were in their ward in provo) and saw that you commented right before me. at first i thought i accidentally commented twice. i was curious who the other jenn was, so visited your blog and saw that your husband is tim. mine, too. random--i mean, not that our names are all that uncommon. and i ran another tim and jennifer while blogging, too. anyway, happy birthday (i have an october b-day, too).

BBC said...

i tagged you on my blog! :)